ONLINE – The papers from the International Lutheran Council’s (ILC) 7th World Seminaries Conference have now been published and are available online.
Seminário Concórdia, the seminary of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Brazil (Igreja Evangelica Luterana do Brasil – IELB), has published the papers in its academic journal, Igreia Luterana (“Lutheran Church”), Vol. 81, No. 1 (2020). 400 copies of the journal have been published simultaneously in both English and Portuguese, and a copy will be sent to each ILC seminary.
The papers are also available to download free online in both English and Portuguese at revistaigrejaluterana.com.br.
- Confession is Crucial and Context Counts – Werner Klän (English / Portuguese)
- Christology in Asia – Sam Thompson (English / Portuguese)
- Lutheran Identity in a Post-Christian Context – Christoph Barnbrock (English / Portuguese)
- Spiritual Warfare in a Lutheran Perspective – Nicholas Salifu (English / Portuguese)
- No Longer Married, But Still Engaged: The Role of the Christian Church in the Face of Declining Influence – Joel Biermann (English / Portuguese)
- Ecclesial Lutheran Identity and the Church’s Mission in the Face of the Reality of Favelas – Samuel Fuhrmann (English / Portuguese)
- Migration and Mission – Douglas Rutt (English / Portuguese)
- The Theological Curriculum and its Construction – Anselmo Graff (English / Portuguese)
The volume also features an introductory essay by Anselmo Ernesto Graff entitled “Both good and bad things globalize” (English / Portuguese).
The 7th World Seminaries Conference took place October 15-18, 2019 in Baguio City, Philippines. Further information on the 2019 World Seminaries Conference is available here.
The International Lutheran Council is a worldwide association of confessional Lutheran church bodies and groups which proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ on the basis of an unconditional commitment to the Holy Scriptures as the inspired and infallible Word of God and to the Lutheran Confessions contained in the Book of Concord as the true and faithful exposition of the Word of God. The ILC exists for the purpose of encouraging, strengthening, and promoting confessional Lutheran theology and practice centering in Jesus Christ, both among its members and throughout the world.
You can support the work of the ILC through online giving. You can also donate by mail:
International Lutheran Council
P.O. Box 18775
St. Louis, MO 63118