Evangelical Lutheran Church of Liberia (ELCL)

History:
The ELCL officially began as a mission project of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod in 1978, but also traces its history to earlier work by Lutheran Bible Translators beginning in 1969. As a result of civil wars in Liberia, the Lutheran presence was scattered, resulting in four separate church bodies. These groups merged in 2009 to become the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Liberia.

Contact Information: Profile:
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Liberia
P.O. Box 814
Monrovia
1000
Liberia
Phone: 231-0886-420737
E-mail: elc2009Liberia@yahoo.com
Website: www.elcliberia.org/
Congregations: 91
Baptized Members: 7,327
Active Pastors: 102
Bishop: Amos Bolay