The International Lutheran Council is led by an elected Executive Committee composed of a Chairman and Secretary, as well as one representative from each of its five World Areas (Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and North America). The Executive Committee elects a Vice Chairman from among its own members. The Executive Committee may also appoint additional members to the committee as it deems necessary.
As of 2019, the Executive Committee is composed of:
- – Chairman Hans-Jörg Voigt (Bishop of the Independent Evangelical Lutheran Church of Germany – SELK)
- – Secretary President Gijsbertus van Hattem (President of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Belgium – ELKB)
- – Africa Representative Bishop Dieter Reinstorf (Free Evangelical Lutheran Synod in South Africa – FELSISA)
- – Asia Representative President Antonio Reyes (Lutheran Church in the Philippines – LCP)
- – Europe Representative Chairman Jon Ehlers (Evangelical Lutheran Church of England – ELCE)
- – Latin America Representative (VACANT)
- – North America Representative Timothy Teuscher (Lutheran Church-Canada – LCC)
- – Appointed Member Rev. Dr. Robert Bugbee (Lutheran Church-Canada – LCC)
- – Appointed Member President Matthew C. Harrison (The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod – LCMS)
- – Interim General Secretary Darin Storkson
Staff for the ILC include a General Secretary and Deputy General Secretary who work under the general supervision of the Executive Committee. Darin Storkson serves as the Interim General Secretary.