Portuguese Evangelical Lutheran Church
Igreja Evangélica Luterana Portuguesa (IELP)
History: In 1952, arrives to a visit to Portugal, the Rev. Rodolpho Hasse, and then the Igreja Evangélica Luterana do Brasil (IELB) President, with the intention to introduce a radio program and verify the possibility to the Lutheran’s missionary work in Portugal.
In 1954, the IELB’s 32nd National Convention officially authorized the beginning of the mission in Portugal.
On July 3, 1958, the first Lutheran Congregation was organized, in Lisbon.
On May 28, 1959, the foundation of the Igreja Evangélica Luterana Portuguesa
Expansion: The activities of the IELP, had been concentrated, initially in the region between Lisbon and Caldas da Rainha.
In the 70’s, the activities had been expanded northward of the Country. At the beginning of the 90’s, the first parish in the region of Porto was established.
Today: The IELP keeps currently, regular activities in four localities: Mercês (Lisbon), Maia (Porto), Ponte de Lima (North) Angra do Heroismo (Azores Island).
|Igreja Evangélica Luterana Portuguesa||Congregations: 3|
|Lugar de Carreiros – Ribeira||Baptized Members: 95|
|4990-383 – Ponte de Lima – Portugal||Communicant Members: 80|
|PORTUGAL||Active Pastors: 1|
|Phone: +351 258 741 026|
|President: Rev. Adalberto Hiller|